Underage Drinking is a serious health problem among Orange County youth and we are dedicated to preventing and reducing it. Through collaboration with local community organizations, business members, interest groups, residents, schools and youth, we are working to create a healthier and safer Orange County.
The Underage Drinking Prevention Project efforts include:
- The Minor Drinking – Major Problems Media Campaign
- Educational Presentations
- Community Forums
- Responsible Beverage Service Trainings.
Underage Drinking Prevention Project is designed to:
- Increase adults’ awareness of the prevalence and consequences of underage drinking among Orange County youth;
- Increase youth and adults’ awareness of the alcohol industry’s marketing strategies/tactics to promote alcohol use by youth;
- Increase adults’ knowledge of underage drinking issues;
- Provide responsible beverage service (RBS) trainings to On-Sale and Off-Sale establishments on how to recognize underage or intoxicated customers, and how to keep them from harming themselves or others.